Did you know that 42% of developer time in most enterprises is spent on maintaining legacy code? Even more to the point, were you also aware that this 42 % of time spent costs enterprises somewhere in the area of $300 billion annually? Well, according to The Developer Coefficient: a $300B opportunity for businesses , a 2018 poll conducted by Stripe and Harris Poll, those are the numbers and they are also likely to be higher now in 2021.
Now, combine the expense of simply “keeping the lights on” by maintaining the legacy code with the increasing expectation for companies to transform in addition to developing and releasing apps faster with fewer resources. You would likely agree that the only way forward would be to eliminate the legacy burden and move with more, modern, Agile development techniques. But, how?
This is where low-code app development comes in. If companies can double down on low-code to more efficiently develop software with better results, there is a potentially huge amount of time and money to be saved.
With that in mind, here are some powerful low-code tools you can integrate into your workflow to supercharge your productivity and also help you chip away at your legacy code debt.
Is Visual LANSA a low-code platform?
Not surprisingly our first tool is Visual LANSA. The LANSA low-code development platform accelerates application development by eliminating the need for people on your team to master the multiple technical skills required to produce software applications on multiple frameworks. With LANSA, only a single skill needs to be mastered to build applications across all different mobile devices, browsers, servers, and also cloud platforms.
Here are more ways this tool can help you boost productivity:
- Visual LANSA contains a full-stack language, WYSIWYG designer, as well as one-click deployment for all form factors to accelerate your app development process.
- Visual LANSA’s application framework includes live prototyping, prebuilt navigation, auto-generated search filters, and detail panels, and user-access security, in addition to a lot more. The low-code framework allows you to generate consistent, high-quality enterprise applications quickly and with minimal coding.
- Lansa also you to directly integrate your existing data and assets. This is whether or not the objects are in the cloud, on-premises, or on a local device, server, or workstation.
How can I utilize Portalize?
The next tool on our list is Portalize. Basically, Portalize is a fully functional, fully customizable portal framework. It is loaded with the most essential portal features right out of the box. With this tool, your developers can focus on creating portal solutions rather than spending time developing complex features from scratch.
That said, here are ways Portalize can increase your productivity:
- With Portalize, your developers can now focus on solving problems and creating solutions instead of spending time developing a portal.
- Portalize is designed for fast navigation between pages. The result is an amazing user experience. Also, by utilizing the latest web technologies available to Visual LANSA, along with optimized use of portal modules, users won’t have to wait for pages to load or actions to complete.
- Portalize is scalable, so it can handle enterprise-level portals. That said it also works perfectly with smaller portals. In addition, Portalize can handle thousands of users. Despite this, it is affordable enough to make hosting even small portals economical. You can start small and scale up, start big and stay big, or start small and stay small—each situation is perfectly suited for Portalize.
What can LANSA Integrator do?
Next, LANSA Integrator simplifies exchanging data between applications and transferring files and documents between businesses. Integrator enables bi-directional flows of data and files in almost any format. LANSA Integrator is strategic middleware that provides tools and services to enable:
- Application-to-application data exchanges.
- Business-to-business document transfer and data interchanges.
- Automating manual business data integration.
- Simplified data integration solution design and reduced development effort.
Here are other ways LANSA Integrator can boost your productivity:
- LANSA Integrator simplifies integration design. It provides the tools needed to receive, extract, transform, and send data.
- LANSA Integrator allows you to easily design and build data flows that link a new application with existing applications. This includes data flows that cross corporate boundaries. It takes care of the detailed work that ensures the data is in the desired format and reaches its destination successfully.
- LANSA Integrator is developer-friendly. Your team can interact with its services to manipulate data using simple commands instead of coding complex APIs.
How can I use LANSA Composer?
As well as the other tools mentioned, there is LANSA Composer. Composer is a simple and cost-effective way to get business transactions in and out of your business systems with less human effort. A comprehensive range of built-in activities makes it possible for non-programmers to do everything from creating simple solutions to solving complex problems without coding.
Here are more ways you can supercharge your productivity using LANSA Composer
- LANSA Composer automates processes, minimizing the need for human intervention and managing exceptions. Companies that automate business processes see productivity improvements of anywhere from 40 to 140 percent after two years.
- LANSA Composer decreases development time by including a set of ready-made activities that most companies need for business process integration.
Are there LANSA ERP Frameworks?
This software is an open-source enterprise resource planning software solution for IBM i (System i, iSeries, AS/400). It is a comprehensive, enterprise-wide business solution with features such as:
- Rich business functionality
- An Executive Dashboard
- Advanced Workflow
- Desktop Integration, and
- Flexible End User Queries and Reports
All this gives you the visibility you need to gain control and make educated business decisions.
That’s not all, here are more ways that LANSA ERP Frameworks can boost your productivity:
- LANSA’s IBM i enterprise resource planning software also comes equipped with a complete business process integration and workflow engine/ This enables the automatic processing of business transactions from any source or format based on your business priorities and needs.
- With LANSA ERP, there is no vendor lock-in, high maintenance fees, being stuck on a release, or bad customer support.
Are You Ready to Supercharge Your Productivity?
Low-code in itself is powerful. However, to boost productivity it must also be integrated with the right tools. That said, all the tools listed in this article help you maximize time, be increasingly productive, and stay a step ahead of your competition.
Learn more about how IBM 400 can help today’s businesses and organizations achieve efficiency and increase productivity.
Ready to get started maximizing your productivity through low-code? Contact us!