EPC - 130400
Date : February 13 2013
EPC130400 Mandatory fixes for V13 - All previous levels of V13 become unsupported with the release of this EPC
- This EPC must be installed. It becomes the minimum supported EPC level for V13.
- This EPC corrects a runtime security issue and must be applied.
- This EPC also corrects Repository corruption after check-in.
|Product||Visual LANSA and LANSA for iSeries|
|Special Notes||All Version 13 Visual LANSA EPCs include updates that must be applied
to Windows and IBM i systems (Independent Visual LANSA
development environments only require the Windows updates). Failure to
upgrade both sides of a development environment will render the Host
Monitor and Super Server applications inoperable. Attempting to use the
Host Monitor and Super Server applications without having applied the EPC
to both sides of a development environment will generate an EPC mismatch
Make a full backup of your LANSA environment on each platform to which this EPC will be applied.
|IBM i Specific Special Notes||The IBM i instructions are expedited procedures that assume a sound
knowledge of IBM i.
You should use a user profile that is QSECOFR, part of the QSECOFR group, or, has *ALLOBJ and *SECADM special authorities.
You must end the web server and run the LANSA for the Web cleanup program before applying this EPC.
You must end the Listener and Host Monitor if active.
You must end the LANSA Integrator server if it has been used with the LANSA system to be updated.
|User Actions||The following CCS items require user action: 0148234 IBM i: SQL0204 error when long names for files are less than 9 characters long See below for details.|
|Document Updates||This EPC does not contain updates to any guides.
The latest guides available at www.lansa.com/support/docs/update.htm
|Hotfixes||The following Hotfixes will be replaced by this EPC:
Instructions to install the EPC
EPC130400 includes software to be installed on an IBM i machine and on a Windows machine. These instructions describe the installation and use of all delivered items.
- Download EPC130400.EXE file from the Web site or email.
- Unzip (double click) EPC130400.EXE. These files will be extracted:
- EPC130400.htm - this document
- EPC130400 - IBM i Save file
- EPC130400w.exe - Windows Visual LANSA install executable
Instructions provided for
|Object Name||Object Type|
|Object Name||Object Type||Library|
|X_BASE||*SRVPGM||LANSA program library|
|X_COMP||*SRVPGM||LANSA program library|
|X_DBG||*SRVPGM||LANSA program library|
|X_DBM||*SRVPGM||LANSA program library|
|X_FUN||*SRVPGM||LANSA program library|
|X_PDF||*SRVPGM||LANSA program library|
|X_PRIM||*SRVPGM||LANSA program library|
|X_VAR||*SRVPGM||LANSA program library|
|DC@P8170||*PGM||LANSA program library|
- Sign on with QSECOFR user profile, part of the QSECOFR group or a user profile that has *ALLOBJ and *SECADM special authorities.
- Backup all the LANSA folders, system libraries and ALL the LANSA IFS objects (LANSA_pgmlib/x_lansa) before applying this EPC
- You need exclusive use of the LANSA system before applying the EPC. To check for active users refer to Appendix B How to check for Active Users in the Installing LANSA on IBM i guide for instructions.
- End the Listener, Host Monitor and Web Server for the LANSA system and run the LANSA for the Web cleanup program.
- Move the unzipped file EPC130400 to an IFS folder on the IBM i ( e.g. /LANSA_pgmlib/tmp/epc130400 )
- For this EPC use the following options:
- Install the EPC from = *IFS
- Apply this EPC to = FULL_LANSA_SYSTEM
- Run the following command before the LOADEPC command to avoid having to add the LANSA program library to the jobs library list.
CHGCMD CMD(pgmlib/LOADEPC) PGM(pgmlib/DC@LCP120)
- Run the command LOADEPC with the following parameters:
pgmlib/LOADEPC and press command 4 (F4) to prompt the command (can be run in batch)
EPC number . . . . . . . . . . . > 130400
Install the EPC from . . . . . . >*IFS
IFS Path and object name . . . .e.g./LANSA_pgmlib/tmp/epc130400
Apply this EPC to . . . . . . . FULL_LANSA_SYSTEM
LANSA program library . . . . . pgmlib
- Sign off and then on again before commencing the next installation, e.g.:
- to apply this EPC on another LANSA system
- to apply another EPC on the same LANSA system
- Recommend that a backup be done of all LANSA folders and your LANSA database before applying this EPC.
- Stop using the LANSA development environment and stop all currently executing LANSA applications.
- Double-click on EPC130400w.exe.
- Select the "Setup" button or "Cancel" if you do not want to proceed.
- If you have multiple configurations installed, Select the configuration to which the EPC is to be applied.
- If you are prompted to reboot your pc - please reboot.
- To view details of the installed EPCs:
- sign into LANSA
- view the Help menu
- Product Information option
- then select the Installation Details tab
- expand the Installation/ EPC Summary
- review the last entries
© 2013 LANSA