Visual LANSA Features
All the Productivity of Low-Code Without Losing Any Control
The LANSA Low-Code Development Platform
The LANSA low-code development platform accelerates application development by eliminating the need to master the multiple technical skills normally required to produce software applications. With LANSA, only a single skill needs to be mastered to build applications across all different mobile devices, browsers, servers, and cloud platforms.
Four Pillars of the LANSA Platform:
The four pillars of the LANSA platform shield developers from having to worry about how their project will be deployed across various devices, interfaces, and platforms. This enables them to remain focused on quickly delivering business applications.
What Makes LANSA So Special?
Developers become Full-Stack Developers
With LANSA, developers who need to reach application complexity beyond the limits of low-code can use the one powerful LANSA programming language for the client-side, server-side, and everything in between. When compared to traditional development methods, LANSA replaces 5-10 different programming skill sets.
Directly Integrate with Anything
Best of all, LANSA’s language is completely open and compatible with other technologies. Besides being able to publish and consume RESTful services, LANSA also allows you to directly leverage any of your existing DLLs, .NET components, ActiveX controls, JAR files, etc. So integration between your new Visual LANSA applications and your existing application and data infrastructure is easy.
Simplify Development without Limitations
LANSA is the best of low-code because you have all of the speed of producing high-quality, high-scale applications for any device or form-factor with the ease of visual drag-and-drop design. When you combine that with the power of one programming language, you get low-code without limitations.
Additional LANSA Features
- Build web applications that look and perform like desktop applications
- Build native or hybrid mobile apps
- Build desktop applications
- Automatic screen generation
- Application generation wizards—create applications by answering a few questions
- Comprehensive platform portable language
- Component-based development—for building reusable components and sharing across projects
- Platform portable Business Rules Engine
- SQL support—create tables and views via SQL
- Cross-platform database access including triggers and business rules
- LANSA enforcement triggers—apply business rules for every program that accesses a database
- Build multitier applications and partition the application between the client and server
- Multilingual and DBCS language support
- Intrinsic functions—includes floating point and integer arithmetic and binary string conversions
- Various encryption capabilities including TLS/SSL
- Data modeling—view entities and relationships with the LANSA Visual Modeler
- Configuration management, task tracking, and version control support
- Object-oriented (OO) development and procedural style development
- Supports design patterns like MVC and SOA
- LANSA’s fast, secure, and scalable middleware optimizes communications between the server and client
- components of the applications
- Integrated Microsoft SQL Server Express database for development and testing
- Independent developer or team development – Visual LANSA supports your choice of development team structure from individual developers to large teams
- Developer environments – Windows 8.1 Pro, Windows 10 Pro or Enterprise using Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, or Sybase SQL Anywhere
- Develop in the cloud or on-premises
- Desktop installation and upgrade tools – the Visual LANSA installation is simple and fast, just answer a few questions to define your choice of deployment
- Advanced visual development environment—one customizable IDE for all projects
- Syntax checker and code completion—helps developers to create correct code quickly
- Programmable templates—library of business-oriented application templates
- Client and remote server RDML debugger
- Deploy to single or multitier Windows, Linux, and IBM i (System i, iSeries, AS/400) servers
- Partition the application – decide where parts of the application will run, partitioned between the client and server dynamically
- Deploy client applications—deployment tools to distribute client-side application components
- Deploy web applications to the internet, extranets, and intranets
- Deploy applications in the cloud or on-premises
- Web applications support ChromeⓇ, FirefoxⓇ, SafariⓇ, or Internet Explorer 11Ⓡ or later
- Native and hybrid mobile applications—deploy applications for access via mobile devices
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Oracle on Windows, Linux and UNIX
- Sybase SQL Anywhere
- MySQL database
- IBM DB2 on IBM i (System i, iSeries, AS/400) servers
- Unicode support for files
- LANSA provides a unique application-development platform combining the best of both the low-code and rapid application development worlds.
- LANSA enables IT to develop applications faster than traditional development because, in most cases, you just assemble business components and do not write code.
- And for the instances where you need to write code, the LANSA low-code development platform makes it easy because developers use a single language.
- Customers describe LANSA as their insurance against technology change.
- It insulates them from being locked into old technology or having to constantly revise their applications for platform, operating system, or database updates.
- Choosing LANSA is their way to avoid this technology trap, future proof their applications, and stay focused on achieving business outcomes.
- Deliver the best possible user experience—mobile devices, browser, or Windows desktop.
- Deploy applications to the server platform of your choice—in the cloud or on-premises.
- Leverage application framework for a foolproof approach that ensures you get it right the first time.
- Prototype new applications in real time with users to improve usability and acceptance.
- Eliminate the need to hire full-stack developers or teams of different specialized skills.
- Increase data integrity and reduce ongoing maintenance utilizing the Business Rules Engine.
No-Code to Full-Code: The New Spectrum of Application Development
This white paper seeks to explore the spectrum of application development methods, their different uses, and their pros and cons. It covers no-code, low-code, and full-code (traditional development methods) and explains their suitability for different projects, who should use them, and how they can be most effective.