Today’s developers need to support an incredibly diverse range of technologies. These technologies include everything from the cloud and mobile devices, to security and performance. When you throw in multiple user interfaces, databases, servers, and more, that jack-of-all-trades expectation becomes increasingly unmanageable. As a result, development times have grown excessively, and application backlog extends weekly. Furthermore, most legacy systems are too rigid to adapt to modern technology. One solution that IT executives are now evaluating are low-code platforms as a new approach to application development.
Learn more about how IBM 400 can help your organization manage these backlogs and achieve higher levels of productivity.
What is a Low-Code Platform?
With the Visual LANSA Low-Code Platform, you can build anything quickly and with complete control. Visual LANSA’s unrivaled hybrid low-code development platform enables the rapid development, deployment, and operation of the apps that keep your business running. It also bridges the gap between IT and development.
Watch this on-demand webinar with Tony Graham, LANSA Product Marketing Manager, to learn what low-code is, what the benefits are, and why you should use Visual LANSA for your low-code solutions.
Why Choose Low-Code Platform and its benefits?
LANSA enables your IT team to deliver the apps needed to innovate and compete within your own time frame. LANSA’s low-code development platform transforms the way your IT team builds apps. This means you can digitally transform your business with new web and mobile apps, maximizing your return on investment and lowering the total cost of ownership.
Here are some of the ways LANSA can help businesses:
- Significantly reduce the time it takes for new apps to reach the market.
- Lower the cost of developing new apps.
- Drive new business processes and digital transformation efforts across your business.
- Make your IT team more productive and responsive to your business needs.
- Ensure that security is built into everything and your sensitive data is not compromised.
Get valuable information on how IBM iSeries operating system has evolved over the years as the world’s leading computing platform.
5 Key Considerations When Selecting a Low-Code Platform
- Application Framework – The best low-code development platforms will help you quickly prototype, design, and deploy web and mobile applications.
- Integration – The ability of any low-code platform to integrate with anything and everything is critical to its success, regardless of whether the objects are in the cloud, on-premises, or on a local device, server, or workstation.
- Unlimited Depth and Reach – The best low-code platforms never require developers to leave the low-code environment when building, maintaining, and extending applications.
- Business Rules Engine –As part of their solution, high-end low-code platforms include a Business Rules Engine, which allows you to define a rule once and know it will be enforced everywhere.
- True Cross-Platform Support – A low-code platform should provide a variety of deployment options as well as a migration path that allows applications to be easily ported to a different technology stack.
Companies that have chosen the Visual LANSA Low-Code Platform
- HIGH LINER Foods Transforms its Business with LANSA.
- DUMAC Scores 3 out of 3: Good, Fast And Relatively Cheap.
- MORTON SALT keeps on pouring with LANSA.
- ELDERS Web Portal – digital transformation success with LANSA.
- Honda Australia MPE brings web dealer system in house with LANSA.
- AGILYSYS sets high standard for online room reservations.